Sunday, September 14, 2008

Judy Hwang: Contemporary Artist



Because most people chose painters I decided to choose Donald Judd. The picture above shows a piece from 1990, using Anodised aluminium, steel and acrylic. The one above that is in Munster, Germany and was made in 1977. He was considered a minimalist, believe that "art should not represent anything, that it should unequivocally stand on its own and simply exist."
I love his style and the philosophy that he follows when creating his works of art.
There is a poem..which name and author escape me..but the essence of the poem was that people over analyze poems to the point where the simple pleasure of reading poetry looses its meaning. I think Donald Judd's work embodies that poem and is how I feel about art as well, just enjoy it for what it is.

No comments: